Chef Nick's Famous Crab Cakes
Looking for the perfect crab cake recipe? Look no further — IRP's own Chef Nick shares his famous crab cake recipe. These crab cakes make the perfect surf-n-turf when paired with one of our premium steaks, or can be served on their own paired with the suggested Arugula Salad or any side salad of your choice.
- 1lb Crab Meat
- 1/4 cup finely diced Green and Red Pepper
- 2tbs finely diced Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tbs fresh Dill
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Dash of Tabasco and Worcestershire Sauce
- Place Crab Meat in a bowl with all ingredients.
- Gently fold together being careful not to break-up crab meat.
- Divide into 6 portions.
- Form into cake shape flat on the top with sides like a cake pan (can be made using a round cookie cutter).
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a nonstick skillet and place clarified butter into the skillet.
- Sear each Crab Cake until brown on each side.
- Place Crab Cakes in the oven and bake until hot in the center (165 degrees) — about 10 minutes.
Crab Cakes can be paired with Filet Mignon as a surf-n-turf option or paired with a dressed arugula salad (arugula, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, shaved asparagus, blistered tomatoes, and salt & pepper) for a lighter option.